In the light of the climate crisis and the target for decarbonisation of the UK rail network by 2040, this event will provide you with the most up to date plans and timelines for getting to net zero in the rail sector. The day will provide you with the methods and strategies that are helping to make this target become a reality, including the latest electrification plans, finding carbon-free alternatives for freight and the approaches to new infrastructure by major projects.
Highlights of attending
- Find out the government’s plans and timelines for decarbonising the railway, including the priorities for both infrastructure and fleet
- Hear the UK’s plans to electrify the rail network and lessons learned from previous electrification challenges
- Discover best practice in electrification from an international model, such as how to deliver with cost efficiency
- Explore what carbon alternatives exist for freight locomotives and the strategies for developing an overall modal shift from road to rail
- Receive key insight on the innovative solutions that are helping the rail industry become carbon-free, such as the hydrogen train and solar powered railway lines
- Learn from different train operators the requirements and solutions for decarbonisation and their sustainable development plans
For more information visit the Waterfront website
YRP contacts save 10% with code 401YRP.
To register: Call 0207 067 1597
or register online
and quote discount code 401YRP.
PLEASE BOOK THROUGH WATERFRONT; BOOKINGS MADE ON THE YRP WEBSITE WILL NOT BE VALID!