[Update 14/08/2013]: Slides from this event can be downloaded by clicking here: YRP event pack
Kick-start your understanding of Innovation in the UK Railway with our afternoon YRP Innovation Factory events in June 2013.
- What exactly is Innovation?
- Why don't we Innovate more?
- How can I bring my ideas into reality?
If you've ever found yourself asking these questions then come along to our YRP Innovation Factory events in either Derby or London where we'll be hosting the Enabling Innovation Team (EIT) of www.futurerailway.org/eit
who are leading the whole-industry view of innovation in the UK rail industry.
This afternoon session has been designed to fit around your work commitments, whilst still giving a comprehensive coverage of the fundamentals of Innovation along with introducing you to real opportunities for you and your employer to get funding for your innovative products and solutions. You will also have the opportunity to influence the future of innovation in the industry with direct engagement with the Enabling Innovation Team.
Same event, two places!
For the first time YRP are venturing outside of London and providing the same event in Derby and in London. If you'd prefer to attend our London event, click here for more details and to register for our London event
We're offering both a seminar and workshops throughout the afternoon to ensure there's a good level of debate, discussion, networking and sharing of ideas - after which will be a drinks reception in a nearby establishment. Details of the afternoon's session are outlined below:
- 13:45-14:00 Welcome and registration
- 14:00-15:30 Fundamentals of Innovation Seminar format
- Keynote talk “Why innovation is important to the rail industry”
- Why innovation is important to the rail industry”
- What is innovation?
- Techniques for enabling innovation
- The innovation process
- 15:30-16:30 Innovation workshop on EIT's Customer Experience Competition
- What would win? What might a winning solution look like?
- Imagine you're a judge for our competition. What are the key factors the judges need to take into account?
- Taking an idea and making it happen. What are the risks and barriers to entering the market, implementing the solutions, and how might we tackle these?
- 16:30-17:30 Innovation workshop on EIT's Business & Ops Challenge Competition
- Develop a profile (pen portrait) of our stakeholders. What are their priorities and what might they be thinking?
- How do we engage with this community?
- Exploring a TOC challenge: ‘Virtual Coupling’
- 17:30-18:00 Competition Feedback and Prizes
- 18:00 Networking and drinks reception
The event is free to attend but limited to 20 places so registration for this event is mandatory below.
Interfleet Technology Ltd, Interfleet House, Pride Parkway, Derby, Derbyshire, DE24 8HX
You can download our flyer from here to share with your friends and colleagues: Click here to download the flyer.