Young Rail Tours are delighted to announce our first official domestic railway tour. Between Friday 20th
September and Sunday 22nd
September, we will be visiting Glasgow and Edinburgh. Young Rail Tours has been set up as a new collaboration between the IET, IMechE, IRSE and the YRP. Tour details are still being finalised, but currently includes;
- A presentation from Transport for Scotland
- A tour of Glasgow Subways SPT Depot and the subways new trains.
- An evening social with colleagues from Scotland
- A presentation from David Shires, Managing Editor – Rail Engineer Magazine
- A boat tour of Linlithgow Canal
- A ride on the Bo’Ness and Kinneil Railway and visit to their museum.
The tour has been subsidised by Young Rail Tours and our colleagues to ensure it is accessible and affordable for our delegates. The cost of this tour is £150
per/person and includes;
- All tours listed above
- Outbound travel from London (or stations on this route) to Glasgow on Friday 20th
- All travel within Scotland
- Two nights’ accommodation in Glasgow (twin sharing)
- The evening social on the 21st in Glasgow – which includes dinner and some refreshments.
– This tour at present does not include return transport from Glasgow/Edinburgh. Delegates are invited to make their own arrangements.
Bookings will NOT be taken using the YRP website booking function!
To take part in this tour, please email email@example.com
to request a booking form.